We take Pre-Operative care seriously here at Cootes. If your pet is coming in to us for an operation, we have prepared a short list of important information that you will need to take note of.
- A general anaesthetic/sedation will be administered and it is therefore essential that ALL FOOD is withheld from 8pm the night before. Water must be taken away on the morning of the operation.
- Dogs MUST have a collar and lead. Cats and other small animals must be brought in a clearly labelled basket or other suitable container.
- Please walk your dog to empty its bladder and bowels before admission. Please provide an overnight litter tray for your cat to use the previous evening.
- Your pet will be ready for collection between 3-6pm unless otherwise notified. Please phone before you collect your animal to arrange a time for collection.
- You will be asked to sign a consent form for the operation at the time of admission. You MUST leave a contact phone number where we can contact you at all times while your pet is with us.
- Please notify us if your pet is insured and supply us with the appropriate forms.
- Payment for all treatments is required at the time of collection.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment then please inform us as soon as possible.